The Board of the Church has received a message from the Regional office and all churches are urged to discontinue in person worship and to return to virtual formats used previously. All Zoom information will come out as before.
“I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD.'” Psalm 122:1
We are having worship service at our church building on Sunday mornings at 10:00AM. We also stream the service on Zoom.
If you come to join us, we ask that you help us all protect one another in the following ways so that we can continue to meet together.
1. Enter and exit the building through the front doors under the portico.
2. Bulletins and communion will be available on a table near the entrance.
3. Place your offering in the plate on the table.
4. Protective masks and hand sanitizer will be available there, too.
5. We ask that you wear a mask when entering the sanctuary and, again, upon leaving the building, per the Governor’s mandate.
6. You may remove your mask when seated if you wish or you may leave it on throughout the service. If you move around the sanctuary, please wear your mask.
7. If you choose to sing, please wear your mask. We know everyone is anxious to join in singing praises to Our Lord.
8. In the sanctuary, please social distance yourself. Family units may sit together. Please leave 4 seats between you and the next family unit. Some rows have been intentionally blocked to help with the distancing.
9. Use the bathrooms in the Narthex. Please do not enter other parts of the building.
10. Please place your used communion cups and other trash in the basket by the door as you exit the sanctuary.
After discussions with numerous leaders at River of Life, we believe the best course of action is to stop all meetings at the church until at least March 28th. The Region of our denomination and our government have recommended this course of social distancing to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please remain connected with one another. Although we must be physically isolated, we need to remain in close community via text, telephone, and email. The negative effects of loneliness are well documented. If you need to talk with someone, please reach out. A strong, loving, community surrounds us.
Friendly reminder…Please plan to attend our congregational meeting March 1 immediately following our service. A light lunch will be served. Details of the meeting are available in our February 2020 newsletter.
A FREE Thanksgiving Dinner will be served on Thursday, Nov. 28, at River of Life Christian Church, 130 Mall Rd, Logansport, In. Serving will begin at 12PM and end around 1PM. Reservations are preferred. Call the church at (574)753-3332 by Monday, Nov. 25 and leave a message if you would like to attend.
There will be no deliveries and no carry-outs.
Donations will be accepted.
If you will not have a Thanksgiving meal or will be alone on that day, you are invited to join in the meal and fellowship at the church. This is the 51st year that the congregation has sponsored the meal.
Join us immediately after our church service for food, fun, and fellowship. Please bring a covered dish.
This event has been cancelled.
A luncheon will be held at River of Life Christian Church on August 29th at 12:30. Cost is $5. Please sign up in the Narthex or contact Connie Kiesling by Aug. 26 if you would like to attend. Invite your friends.
This Sunday, August 4th, Pastor Betsy will give a Backpack Blessing for the children. If your child wants to participate, please have them bring their backpack. In the past the children have enjoyed having their blessing for the school year.
We are in the process of updating our website. Check back often.
During worship on August 5th we will send our young people, teachers, school staff, and parents in to a new school year with a special blessing. Bring your backpack to be prayed over and blessed by the congregation! God’s got your back and so do we!